Thursday, July 11, 2019

Goals.

Background

In life it's good to have goals, at least they work for me. They drive me forward and give a sort of purpose for the everyday life.

In the current world where the lifestyle of performance orientated rat race is accelerating viciously I find that investing and wealth accumulation is the thing that keeps me going.

I invest because I want to feel safe. To feel safe about the future.

For me safety is shelter, health and the possibility for me as a individual to do my own choices if things go south.


Setting up goals

“The first $100,000 is a b*tch, but you gotta do it.”  - Charlie Munger

This quote from the legendary Charlie Munger is something that woke me up a bit.

I wrote before that I never thought I would be one of those people who will reach six figures of more.

Now I do.

I calculated how much I have invested in the past two years and came up with a monthly average.
I went through my annual incomes and costs for the past two years and came up with a figure that should be my average investment amount.

I put that figure (plus the €10,000 as principal I had invested in the past two years) in a DRIP-calculator and it gave me the a result: 7 years.

Seven years. Somehow it doesn't feel and seem to be too far away. Yes, it's about 2,555 days from now but for me its a goal:

The first: €100,000.

I will do it and it will be a b*tch, but I'm going to do it.



It seems that when Christmas come in 2026 I will have that first €100,000.

For those wondering about the Slope shape, it's less positive in the beginning because I'm saving for a cash buffer for emergencies. I want to do that first so that I can focus on investing without having to sell if certain particles hit the fan or the gearbox of my car decides to say "the end".

I will do a more detailed post about the plan later on.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.

Best Regards

D.G.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment